Sunday, September 11, 2011

Reflections

Reflect on the process and learning points from the PT

What have you learnt about your eating habits?
That they are not as healthy as I would think? There is a lot of room for improvement!

Do you consider your diet a healthy one? Why?
Actually, yes, although it's not super-healthy. I eat a good variety of food and usually get enough fruits and veggies. However, I eat too much salt and oily and sugary foods. You could say I eat EVERYTHING. XD

Are the suggested nutritional tools useful? How?
They are useful in giving advice, and tracking your diet helps you make better choices because then you would analyse what you've been putting into your mouth and you can then realise what you have been doing.

Although most of us claim to know what constitutes a healthy diet, I am quite sure that few of us actually follow it. Therefore, keeping track of what you eat is important if you want to make wise choices, and the tools help you to analyse them well.

However, they are only rough guides although I was impressed by the amount of detail I received from them.

(This is starting to sound like a LORMS essay >.<)

Why is your suggested one-dish meal healthy?
It has carbs, protein and veggies and is low in fat. It uses wholemeal bread, a low Glycemic Index food and has tuna canned in olive oil, supplying good fats to the body. See the post 'Healthier Recipe' for more details :)

All in all, this is one of the funnest* PTs I have ever done!

*most fun, in-lieu of the Speak Good English Campaign ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment